Planning to move? Well, packing electronics can be a real dilemma since they are sensitive and expensive equipment. Here are a few tips that you can follow while packing your electronics. These steps will save you a lot of time and will ensure the safety of your electronics.
- Follow the manufacturer’s advice while packing and storing electronics, you can consult the manufacturer’s website or the manual for details.
- It is best to re-pack the electronics in its originals box since these are designed specifically and thus, ensure safety.
- However, in the absence of original boxes, start with the essentials such as paper, sturdy cartons, scissors, tapes and felt tip markers for labelling.
- While disassembling it is better to use coloured stickers for the cords and their respective ports. This will save you time while reassembling the electronics.
- To reduce the chance of attracting unwanted attention of thieves, it is good to pack stereos, computers, laptops and other electronics in blank cardboard boxes.
- Seal the boxes with packing tape to protect these from dust.
- Lastly, make a list of the electronics and number all the boxes so that you will know that which of the electronics are packed in which boxes.